nominated me for something CHALLENGED ME TO DO SOMETHING SO I ACCEPTED BECAUSE I AM NO PUSSY. This thing is called Liebster Award and here are the rules.
Let’s get the party started.
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you
What made you start blogging?
I don’t even know. I got my first blog in…10th grade? Which was a shitload of random crap. What made me start this blog? The fact that I’ve seen a ton of poorly written reviews for anime, manga and games and thought I could do it better.
What is your favorite book of all time and why?
Y u do dis to me? I would pretty much go with The Picture of Dorian Gray, but there’s also stuff such as The Master and Margarita, Death and the Penguin, The Lord of the Rings and fuck if I know. I’ve read quite a bit in my youth.
Coke or Pepsi?
I’m not a big fan so I can’t even tell the difference.
Do you write anything outside of blogging?
Barely. I work in journalism, but it doesn’t have to do that much with writing.
Are you in a career/what is your ideal career?
As I said, I currently work in the vast field of journalism, but I really wish I can get to do PR for a living. Or, idk, be a muse. I’ve always wanted to be a muse and get paid for it.
What is your favorite genre to listen to while writing, if any?
I hate listening to music while writing or doing anything else that requires attention and focus. Unfortunately, I do not own an office of my own and, instead of listening to the music in the office I prefer listening to the music on my phone. Which ranges from punk to power metal. (so it’s not that much of a range)
Favorite series (of anything)?
Bleah. I find it hard to pick favourites.
- Lucky Star for comedy/slice of life
- Yu Yu Hakusho for shounen
- Gintama for comedy
- Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 for drama
- The Longest Journey for adventure (and I’m talking about the series as a whole here)
- The Altair/Ezio arc from Assassin’s Creed
- American McGee’s Alice
- Harry Potter, FFS
Have you ever learned or tried to learn a second language?
I graduated from the Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures where I studied English, German and had two years of Slovak out of which I barely know a few words. I’m also okay-ish with French – 4 years in middle school and 4 years in high school. My mother tongue is Romanian, btw.
I’m not sure I have one of those. Or I don’t actually understand the concept. But, no. I don’t think I have a crush on a fictional character.
Favorite bad piece of media/literature (so bad its good)?
For literature I’m gonna have to go with Death and the Penguin (Andrey Kurkov). For music I’m gonna go with this thing right here. As for anime…I have no idea right now.
Do you prefer immersing yourself in something or keeping an outsider’s perspective?
I clearly PREFER keeping an outsider’s perspective, but I somehow always end up involved to my head.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself
- I’m a huge animal lover. To the point where I stop people on the street asking them if I can pet their dogs or whatever they have.
- The character I related to the most, ever, is Shitbot from Dreamfall Chapters. And that explains a lot.
- I brush my teeth in the shower.
- I don’t sleep at night, but during the day.
- I have survived 2 weeks and a half eating only instant noodles, smoking a pack of cigarettes a day and not going out. Not recommend.
- I’m an avid smoker, especially when gaming.
- I never got my driver’s licence.
- It was only in my last year of high school when I understood that Ash’s name is Ketchum because he wants to catch them all. Blew my mind.
- I rarely have the patience to watch an entire anime series in one sit.
- I’m extremely clumsy. I always drop/spill/ruin/break stuff.
- I’m really funny, even if I’m the only one who believes that.
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving the award
I’m not even sure I know 11 eleven people who would do it and who haven’t been nominated countless times before. But.
5. Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
6. Give them eleven questions to answer
- What’s the anime you always go back to when you don’t feel like watching something new?
- Do you like to watch airing series or do you prefer to wait until it’s finished to start watching something?
- What’s your relationship with MOBAs?
- What was the first series that made you say I love anime?
- What was the first manga you bought?
- What’s your favourite song at the moment?
- Do you let the opening and ending songs play or you prefer to skip them?
- Your favourite video game of all time?
- Favourite children story?
- Least favourite anime genre?
- Don’t you think I’m the most awesome person on the internet and that I should rule the world?
God damn this was long. And, no, that’s not what she said. :<